Friday, December 12, 2008

Witless Knitting

I have been trying to knit a tiny Christmas ornament, a red and white candy cane striped sweater a couple of inches wide. I've had two false starts, and I'm about to give the whole enterprise up. I should have knit it flat instead of trying to work with five double-pointed needles (or maybe I should have traded in the needles for toothpicks!). The constant color changes didn't help, either; I ended up with strings hanging everywhere, and a few holes where stitches should have been. I love making things at Christmas, but this year I might have to content myself with the little wooden snowman heads Tonie taught me how to make a couple of weeks ago. They're cute; we're going to make a few more to sell at the museum event tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment