Monday, December 15, 2008

Stained glass and felting teachers wanted!

I'm psyched by our new schedule of classes for January through March 2008 (see our website www.oldjailarts.com). During the early part of the year a lot of us try to compensate for the overeating, overspending, and general excesses of the holiday period, so it's a great time to learn a new skill and develop our interests. We're offering a new class in sweater knitting (taught by yours truly) and some old favorites. We're still looking for teachers for stained glass and needle felting, so if anyone out there has these skills and would like to share them, please let us know. You can post to this blog or e-mail us at oldlawrencejail@gmail.com.

I had a good day at the Lawrence County Museum's Authors and Artists Day sale last Saturday. Visitors bought a lot of ornaments; Tonie's tatted crosses and mittens were favorites as were Stephen's felt skating Snoopies. I met several interesting and talented writers, so my mind is already at work on the idea of having a reading some cold evening in early 2009. When I was a grad student in English at the University of Maryland, I went to a number of readings and even read my own work on occasion; after all these years I can still remember them well. You never look at an author's work the same again after hearing that person read it aloud.

No comments:

Post a Comment