This yummy little number, in a sparkly black knit of unknown fiber content, cost me exactly $0.00 to make. The fabric had been in my stash for a long time. DD bought it off of a G Street Fabrics sale table long ago.
I was originally going to use the same cowl neck sleeveless top pattern from Burda magazine that I wrote about last time, but there was a lot of fabric, so when I saw a long, bat-wing, cowl neck tunic advertised on television, I decided I'd make something similar for myself. Here's the result, still missing the hems, but you get the idea. The bat wings need to be cut a few inches closer to the armpit, but no major surgery is required on this one.
While not exactly a hot weather top, this tunic will look pretty fetching with skinny pants when the temperature drops.