Okay, so this top was highly experimental. I admired the draping of Simplicity 1613, but I knew from experience that the distance from my shoulder to my bust was shorter than average and that the low neck might be problematic. The fabric was free from my mom's stash, though, so I didn't have much to lose. I shortened the waist between the bust and hip, but because of all the draping I didn't change anything from the bust up, just blindly forged ahead and didn't even try the top on until it was finished.
Yowza. That's a lot of exposure. I really have to learn to fix low neck problems in the cutting out process. Now I will have to get really creative if I want to be able to wear this outside of the house. Back to the drawing board. Stay tuned.