Thursday, December 18, 2008

Great news--we have a stained glass teacher!

I'm very happy to announce that Ross Thackery, a glass artist based in Bloomington, Indiana, has agreed to come down to Bedford on March 7 to get us started in the art of stained glass. Take a look at Ross's art at www.abrimagery.com. He makes gorgeous glass and I know this will be an exciting class. Wow, that rhymed... There's never been a better time to learn to work with stained glass right here in Bedford, so sign up soon. We won't be able to accommodate more than six students due to the size of the space.

I have been an admirer of stained glass work for as long as I can remember, starting with the beautiful windows of some of the old limestone churches here in Bedford. If you haven't seen the lighted windows at the Presbyterian Church at 15th and Lincoln on a winter evening, you should, just for a particularly stunning example. I know it's hard to think about taking a walk outdoors when it's so cold and icy, but some things are worth being uncomfortable for. Like the Bedford Parade, for example.

I'm getting close to announcing our felting class as well, so stay tuned for more good news in the coming days.

I know lots of you are busy putting the final touches on handmade Christmas gifts; what a win-win for the holidays! We love to make them, and the recipients love to receive them. Enjoy yourselves fully and stay inspired.

On a technical note, I just learned that for some reason, dear readers, you are unable to comment on anything you read here. I am working with the techies to solve this problem, so keep trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment